Patched macOS kexts start Raven iGPU, but GPUVM page fault occurs on the first GFX and SDMA IB submitted by WindowServer. Help?

Visual (VisualDevelopment) drherocrafterslab at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:54:15 UTC 2023

While simply waiting for a reply to the email was an attractive option, we chose to investigate other parts of the code during the last three days.

More precisely, we investigated _mmhub_1_0_update_medium_grain_clock_gating and seemed to have discovered a register offset mismatch. However, we soon found that the HWIP discovery code automatically applies Raven-specific fixes to the offset. Therefore, the behaviour is correct in the end.
We also thought of running the WhateverRed kext on a Vega machine to see how the kext behaves differently on a dGPU with similar architecture. The problem is that we need a tester who owns a Vega card to do that. Nyan Cat sent a message to seek assistance on the AMD OS X server but got no reply. In the meantime, Visual asked if his friend, who owns a Vega card,  were willing to help. However, he also received no response to this date.

We realise that we started the thread at an odd time (Saturday) and with an unformatted subject, not to mention a few typos we noticed right after sending the email. We hope that these flaws won't seize your interest in the project.