gpu_metrics does not provide 'current_gfxclk', 'current_uclk', 'average_cpu_power' & 'temperature_core' on AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU

sfrcorne sfrcorne at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 6 00:13:35 UTC 2023

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to ask my question. I was not sure if I should have opened a new issue on Gitlab or send an email here, since I don't know know whether this is a bug or intended behaviour.

The question is about the new AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU's. These new CPU's have an iGPU and consequently provide a gpu_metrics file for monitoring the GPU/CPU (APU?). This file is used by programs like Mangohud, that try to read (among other values) the following 4 values:
- current_gfxclk
- current_uclk
- average_cpu_power
- temperature_core

However it appears that on AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU's these 4 values are not provided/updated in the gpu_metrics file. Other values like 'average_core_power', 'temperature_l3' and the other 'current_<x>clk' are also not provided/updated but these are not used by Mangohud at the moment.

Is this intentional or a bug? And will this be fix and/or will support for these 4 values be added in the future?

Kind Regards,
sfrcorne