6.10/regression/bisected commit c4cb23111103 causes sleeping function called from invalid context at kernel/locking/mutex.c:585

Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) regressions at leemhuis.info
Tue May 28 06:46:31 UTC 2024

On 22.05.24 23:18, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 02:39:06PM +0500, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
>> Yesterday on the fresh kernel snapshot
>> I spotted a new bug message with follow stacktrace:
>> [    4.307097] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at
>> kernel/locking/mutex.c:585
> I am also getting this error on every boot. Decoded stacktrace:

TWIMC & for the record: Boris also reported this; Vasant Hegde replied
and said a fix is in the works:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/898d356d-ec7d-41de-82d8-3ed4dc5598b3@amd.com/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot dup:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CABXGCsN1z2gj99zSdhQWynpTXBymrqHejDfF8axxxoiZ_0g_-g@mail.gmail.com/