[Announce] users/www.freedesktop.org move pended for another week

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 21 21:07:53 PST 2006

Well, I'm now glad I didn't get a chance to get the wiki data all
reformatted and the user accounts moved to annarchy; we've discovered
numerous minor issues with moving CVS which have pretty much consumed
the last three days. But, I think things are reasonably stable now.
Please let me know if there are still problems with using CVS on kemper.

Kemper, annarchy and fruit are all now getting backed up to tape, along
with gabe. Note that user accounts on all of these machines are *not*
backed up at all. Please don't put anything on them that you don't have
copies of in your own environment. The benefit you reap from this is
that we can offer significantly more storage as it doesn't cost us tape
space.

I'm off to FOSDEM this weekend, so I figured it would be prudent to pend
the migration of user and wiki data until after I return.

I remain, your faithful sysadmin,
keith.packard at intel.com