A couple of patches to configure the private bin directory

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Nov 1 16:50:21 PDT 2011

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:41:35 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I think with your version of this change, trying to run the GUI when
> it's compiled-but-not-yet-installed will either fail or will run with
> the most-recently-installed glxtrace.so (rather than the compiled
> glxtrace.so). I think Zack mentioned earlier that he didn't want to
> break that use case.

Sorry. I really misread the patch. It looks like you actually fix this
case. I'm curious that you use a compiled-in constant string for the
build directory rather than calling os::getProcessName(). It seems the
latter would be more robust, (though only relevant in possibly rare
circumstances).

> The bug I mention above is in code that will be shared here, I suppose,
> so is probably easy for me to fix then.

Sharing the code with the GUI isn't easy since the GUI is already using
some much QT-provided functionality in this code, (QString, QFileInfo,
etc.). So for now I'm not changing that code and not sharing. Let me
know what you'd like, (you can wait to see the patches if you'd like).

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com