New "apitrace diff-state" command

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:24:53 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> This is the trivial copy/paste of the previously-posted "apitrace diff"
> command to invoke jsondiff.py.
>
> The code is in the apitrace-diff-state branch of my repository.

Commited thanks.

> I, for one, will really appreciate having a single binary with a
> consistent command syntax to be able to get at all this functionality.

Same here.

It makes successive operations much more streamlined.

> Let me know if you'd like to see anything different or if you'd like any
> more code sharing than I have done here so far.

The script command implementation looks good. There might be a way to
share more code among these, but the code is already quite small, so
probably not worth it.

The only thing missing is adding support to execute python scripts on
Windows (as they should run fine there), so that we can replace all
documentation references to jsondiff.py with apitrace diff-trace. I
think it's trivial (use _execv instead of execv, and insert "python"
arg before the script name) -- I just need to test on a Windows
machine.

Jose