New patch series for "apitrace diff-images"

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Nov 14 11:12:40 PST 2011

I've just pushed a new patch series to my repository adding an "apitrace
diff-images" command. The series is available in the branch:

	apitrace-diff-images

I had intended to wait to propose this until I also had "apitrace
dump-images" and an equivalent to the existing "glretrace -c", (where
this proposed command is an equivalent to "snapdiff.py").

I'm proposing this now simply because I'm about to switch gears to
seriously focus on "apitrace trim" and I happened to have this code
written already.

This code does demonstrate a technique for allowing a sub-command script
take care of most option parsing. This does seem to work well enough but
for some minor differences in formatting of usage statements, (which we
could fix). And I think there are differences in how some of the
commands accept option arguments, (the current C code seems to want
"--output FILE" where the python script can also accept
"--output=FILE). That could be fixed by switching the C code to using
getopt, (as is clearly intended).

So I don't think there's anything preventing this series from being
merged now, but let me know if you'd like to see anything different and
I'll revisit this after I publish some "apitrace trim" support.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com