tracedump frame "split" tool

Anuj Phogat anuj.phogat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:16:56 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

I used your perl script to extract all the gl calls in a specific
frame. I found it very useful.
I observed that if following command is used to generate the tracedump file:
tracedump application.trace > tracedumpfile

perl trace_frames.pl 10 < tracedumpfile
and 10.txt is opened using vi editor
vi 10.txt

it also shows unnecessary escape characters due to color highlighting.
This can be avoided by disabling

color highlighting at the time of tracedump.

tracedump --no-color shape.trace > tracedumpfile

This is just a small issue but it would be nice to put it as a comment
in your script.

Thanks
Anuj