Any thoughts on a new name for apitrace?

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:09:17 PDT 2011

I admit I'm terrible for coming up with good names.  apitrace's
original name was d3dtrace (too narrow), so I've may have gone from
one extreme to the other.

On the other hand, fact is that the tracing infrastructure is pretty
general, and could be used to trace any API really. Not only 3D, but
2D (not hypothetical, as I've laready started Direct2D support), or
even non graphics related stuff.

Anyway, I don't know what future will bring, but at this stage I'd
prefer avoiding any name changes, as it would take away time from more
important things.

"apitrace trace" is fine

Jose