failing to take a trace

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:37:45 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM, José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com> wrote:
> And this *should* work for EGL:
>
> $ ./apitrace trace  --api egl chromium --temp-profile --user-gl=egl
> --ignore-gpu-blacklist
> http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/hg/field/field.html
>
> But by some reason chrome on my system refuses to use EGL, and always
> uses GL, so it doesn't. But that's a chrome issue, and not apitrace's.

I found why EGL was not working -- it should be --use-gl=egl and not
--user-gl=egl...

If one does

  $ ./apitrace trace  --api egl chromium --temp-profile --user-gl=egl
--ignore-gpu-blacklist
http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/hg/field/field.html

Chrome will use EGL. However there was a bunch of issues in apitrace:
- there was no support for intercepting dlopen(libEGL) and friends
- there was no support for retracing EGL pbuffers

Everything is now fixed, so all should work fine.

Jose