apitrace Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3

Kenneth Hurley klhurley at graffitientertainment.com
Thu Sep 13 14:58:42 PDT 2012

On 8/2/12 11:16 AM, apitrace-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
> But I had to tweak the image
> >to be a power-of-two -- it looks like EGLImageKHR don't need to be a
> >power-of-two size, but regular textures do. A bit confusing.
> >Eitherway, I believe this is a problem with your original solution
> >too.
Just a FYI,  Images do not have to be a power of two in both cases.

They just need the following set to have NPOT (Non-Power of Two) settings,

     glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
     glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
     glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
     glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

And mipmaps should be turned off as they make no sense.

We use NPOT all over the place for video textures.

- Ken