Several new (or old) feature-branches proposed for upstream merge

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 12 15:13:50 PDT 2013

José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com> writes:
>   This commit has calls that have side effects:
>   - glGetTextureImageEXT
>  - glGetnCompressedTexImageARB
>  - glGetnColorTableARB

I fixed these in my commit.

> Please squash this with "trim: Greatly expand the list of calls
> considered to have no side effects"
>
> Also, "glGetDebugMessageLog" and "glDebugMessageLog" are not really
> inserted by user, or are they? If not, they really should be marked as
> no side effects.

Done. (I also removed glDebugMessageCallback and friends). I did manage
to botch the squash/fixup and pushed some broken code, (mis-sorted list
triggering an internal apitrace check). So, sorry about the extra commit
to fix that up.

> Feel free to go ahead and commit yourself.

OK.

> It's up to you. For as along as you're actively maintaining and
> triaging trim bugs, feel free to do what you think it's best with
> trim.

Thanks. The --auto trim-semantics, (and all of the fixes described
above), are now pushed to origin/master.

> This is a complex change that changes trace::CallSet. I'll need more
> time to review it. Feel free to commit the others.

OK. It's rebased onto latest master, (no actual changes needed for the
rebase), for you to look at.

> It would be nice if all trim code lived in its own directory (e.g.,
> cli/trim). In short, you'd be the maintainer of that subdir.  I'd only
> commit if to fix Mac/Win/etc builds.

I'll plan to do that the next time I change any trim code.

-Carl