OpenGL ES and Linux

Alexander Monakov amonakov at ispras.ru
Tue Dec 17 01:42:27 PST 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013, Chris Healy wrote:

> I have a platform that runs Linux on an ARM with OpenGL ES 2.0 and without
> X.  This platform configuration does not seem to be supported by apitrace
> as the build fails looking for X deps.

As far as I'm aware, it's not a hard failure.

> I did a little digging and did not see any options to allow supporting an
> "X"less configuration with Linux.  Is this an oversight or intentional
> design decision?

Building without Xlib should work automatically.  It works for me.

> Is there any reason that this combination could not be supported?

This combination should work; apitrace and egltrace.so should be built; this
is how apitrace is built for Android (although there are some Android-specific
bits in the build machinery, but they are not relevant to this issue).

I don't know what went wrong in your case since you didn't show your build
logs.

Alexander