OpenGL ES and Linux

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 04:10:16 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras.ru>wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, José Fonseca wrote:
>
> > The headers can be fixed.
> >
> > But I doubt that's all it takes. Neither GL or EGL fully abstract the
> > windowing system API such as XLIB.  If XLIB is not used for creating
> > windows, something else (GBM?) must be used, and apitrace would need glue
> > code (retrace/glws_egl_gbm*) to use it.
> >
> > Another alternative would be to use waffle.
>
> True; but (to clarify for Chris) that would only be needed to build retrace
> (replay) code.  This is not a hard requriement.  On Linux, when libX11.so
> is
> not available, apitrace happily builds the cli and trace tools without
> retracers.

I see.

In that case, could someone provide a diff of the relevent header as it is
included in this system vs khronos headers?

If the differences relatively to khronos headers are small, we may consider
patching the khronos headers whenever they are refreshed (as done with
other headers).

If that proves unpractical, then we need to add more brains to the CMake
files to prefer system headers when available/told...

Jose