Trace compression improvements

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 06:09:02 PDT 2013

I haven't looked at the changes in detail yet -- I'll do it as soon as I
find the time -- but sounds good in principle. Indeed trying out LZ4 has
been in the to do for some time, so thanks for doing this.

Did you get any figures (speed r& compression ratio) on how it compares
with snappy? A good benchmark is "ipers" demo, part of mesa demos. It is
what Zack used when he was improving the compression speed w/ snappy.

Jose