Trace compression improvements

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:26:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Devin Samarin <devin at oftn.org> wrote:

> We've fixed a few problems in these patches that break building with
> MSVC. Functions with a non-void type need to return something.

Thanks.

> recommend -Wall -Werror -Wextra -pedantic for strict
> standards-compliance for new code.

Yes, we do have -Wall.

I was found of -Werror before but now think it is a bad idea in practice --
what is not an warning today may be a warning tomorrow (in particularly
true with gcc) -- so baking in -Werror means that will be impossible to
compile (and git bisect) the code of yesterday with the compiler of
tomorrow.

Not sure about -pedantic.

And I typically do testing before merging into master. And when all fails,
I have build bots in place for all supported architectures to ensure that
at least keep building properly everywhere.

Jose