and a random apitrace/gallium question..

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Fri May 31 07:18:30 PDT 2013

I'd support such change. Be it through GL_GREMEDY_string_marker, or
ARB_debug_output's glDebugMessageInsertARB(DEBUG_SOURCE_THIRD_PARTY_ARB,
...), or KHR_debug's glPushDebugGroup(). A Gallium interface change would
be necessary to pass these annotations to the drivers. This discussion
would be more appropriate in Mesa-dev mailing list though.

For quicker results, you could modify your gallium driver to force flushing
on every draw, and dump the commands to stderr, and run glretrace with -v
option. I do this all the time: enabling logging at all levels (state
tracker, trace driver, etc), and see how they correlate.

Jose