Regarding replay going out of bounds of the screen even when replayed on same device - eglretrace (using waffle)

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:45:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Arun Sl <arun.sl at tcs.com> wrote:

> Hello Jose,
>
> You are correct.
> inital frames have the call as follows:
>
> glViewport(x = 0, y = 0, width = 960, height = 540) {this fits phone
> screen correctly}
>
> while at a later stage I am getting the following calls in the same trace
> file.
>
> glViewport(x = 0, y = 0, width = 1366, height = 768) {this gives partial
> visual of an enlarged image on screen}

Isn't there a FBO bound when this call happens?

If the drawable truly has a size larger than the screen, then that's it
really. If the viewport is larger than the drawable then you really should
leave the viewport alone, and use vertex transformation to achieve the
zooming effect.

The issue here is that ApiTrace traces GL/EGL API calls. It does not trace
everything, such as windowing calls.  I'd like one day to encode the actual
drawable calls in the trace (e.g., with fake calls), but it's not high on
my todo list.

Jose