diff image error

Ron rasarx at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:44:02 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm a APITrace newb so please don't mind the question being too primitive.  I have recently downloaded and started using APITrace.  There is probably more to prepping for running APITrace correctly than what I have gleaned from what documentation I have come across, mainly in this page: https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/blob/master/README.markdown#basic-usage
While I have been able to generate trace files and replay them with some success, I have had trouble with doing image comparison between different runs.  (This is all on Windows 7, by the way).
I first had this error:
$ apitrace diff-images --output summary.html  I:\APITRACE\Snapshots\REF3  I:\APITRACE\Snapshots\REF4error: failed to execute python
which made me realize I needed Python.  I downloaded and installed Python 3.4 and that got me past the above error.  But since I haven't seen installing Python mentioned in the docs that I have read so far, the next error is making me wonder if there are other things required on my system for successful use of APITrace.  Can anyone tell me what the following error indicates I'm missing?
$ apitrace diff-images --output summary.html  I:\APITRACE\Snapshots\REF3  I:\APITRACE\Snapshots\REF4Traceback (most recent call last):  File "I:\APITRACE\x86\bin\..\lib\scripts\snapdiff.py", line 39,in <module>    from PIL import ImageImportError: No module named 'PIL'

Thanks!

Ron