Building on Mac OS X

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:49:27 PST 2014

Zack Rusin <zack <at> kde.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM, José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca <at>
gmail.com> wrote:I never tried building with the "Xcode" generator. I
always use the default "Unix Makefiles" generator.
> Does the issue happen with the Unix Makefiles cmake generator too?
>

> Nah, those work correctly. Xcode generator has been broken for a while
(maybe even always). I use 'ninja' because it's faster than the
alternatives but both unix makefiles and ninja work fine.

Ok, I tried the makefiles generator again and I got it to build. I think
the problem I hit before was a bad clang installation.

However, it doesn't work for me:

 ~/dev/src/apitrace/build (master) $ ./apitrace trace
~/dev/prefix/bin/qmlscene
 apitrace: loaded into /Users/ske/dev/prefix/bin/qmlscene
 apitrace: tracing to /Users/ske/dev/src/apitrace/build/qmlscene.trace

 ~/dev/src/apitrace/build (master) $ DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=$PWD/wrappers
~/dev/prefix/bin/qmlscene
 apitrace: loaded into /Users/ske/dev/prefix/bin/qmlscene
 apitrace: tracing to /Users/ske/dev/src/apitrace/build/qmlscene.1.trace
 Segmentation fault: 11
 ~/dev/src/apitrace/build (master) $ l $PWD/wrappers/
 CMakeFiles          Makefile            OpenGL.framework    cgltrace.cpp
     cmake_install.cmake
 ~/dev/src/apitrace/build (master) $

Any guidance from here?

For example, is there a requirement that apitrace and Qt (and anything else
- what else?) is compiled with the same compiler? In this case, Qt and
apitrace are compiled with the same compiler, (a self-built clang), but if
there are other dependencies coming from the system, then they were not
compiled with the same compiler.

Is there a simpler testcase available than Qt?

Thanks,

Steve.