Some textures are not rendering correctly in apitrace

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:56:11 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Benjamin Bellec <b.bellec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is an example trace, if somebody wants to give a look :
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7D2Y0QXFND2ODF2QlExc2w0Y0U/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.  I took a quick look.

This call draws the weapon's geometry to depth-map

  329154 glDrawRangeElements(mode = GL_TRIANGLES, start = 0, end = 7581,
count = 18585, type = GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, indices = NULL)

and then later on on this call the weapon is lit:

  333371 glDrawRangeElements(mode = GL_TRIANGLES, start = 0, end = 7581,
count = 18585, type = GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, indices = NULL)

In both cases I'm seeing weird geometry on the weapon.

AFAICT, all the state being bound on this calls is pretty standard stuff --
nothing that could cause problems to apitrace.

The only explanation I can think of so far is that some
glMapBufferRange(GL_MAP_WRITE_BIT) done by the application are in
write-combining memory, and that when apitrace's wrapper tries to copy that
memory into the trace file it doesn't get the data that the application
wrote, but something wrong, which then gets baked into the trace file,
appearing on subsequent replays.  I'll need to investigate this more.

Jose