Discrepancy between what my application shows, and what the trace plays back (OpenGL)

Babis Koniaris esrever2357 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:38:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

I was looking onto a problem where my application displays what I expect
on one PC (PC0) and exhibits a bug on another (PC1). PC0 has a nice
powerful Geforce TITAN, while PC1 is a laptop intel integrated card. I'm
running an application on OpenGL 4.00 (GLSL 4.00) which is supported on
both.

The problem lies with reading the contents of a particular texture
(R16UI): on PC1 the shader always reads zeroes, while on PC0 it reads
the values normally. There are no OpenGL errors. Here is when I decided
to run apitrace to find out what's going on.

I run qapitrace (latest version) and exit the application after a while,
all while seeing the problem. I hit replay, and *the trace plays
correctly, as in PC0. *After a bit of fiddling, I realized that if, in
the Replay menu, "Error Checking" is selected, then the trace plays
correctly as in PC0. If it's not selected, then it shows the bug as usual.

What could be going on?

Thanks,
Babis