How to view vbo contents in qapitrace?

Christopher Root vastcharade at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 11:07:16 PST 2015

I’m experimenting with qapitrace for the first time on macosx and am looking for the appropriate ways to view the contents of a vbo. From my experimentation with the gui, the only way I can do so is by looking at the trace info for glBufferData() calls and the like, but unfortunately I’m only able to interpret the contents of the buffer as a single type (i.e. GL_FLOAT).

This is not ideal in my case for a couple reasons.

1) vertex attributes in a  buffer can be of several different types - GL_FLOAT, GL_INT, GL_DOUBLE, etc. Is there any way I can view the contents of the buffer as different types? Preferably at some point after the glVertexAttribPointer/glVertexAttribIPointer/glVertexLPointer calls where those types, offsets, and strides are defined? Perhaps directly at the glDraw…() calls? Trying to look at each attribute separately because they’re of different types is not ideal.

2) The vbo may not be populated via glBufferData() calls. In my case, the buffer can be filled in by CUDA kernels via the cuda/opengl interop api. I can’t seem to find a way to view the contents of such filled buffers at all.

Are there other ways to view vbo contents that aren’t immediately obvious? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris