plans to support more advanced viewing of textures?

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:22:21 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM, <io.github.apitrace at io7m.com> wrote:

> On 2015-01-06T19:22:28 +0000
> José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Stride is wrong somehow.
> >
> > If you can provide a .trace + call number where this can be seen, that's
> > all I need.
> >

> Managed to catch it here:
>
>   http://waste.io7m.com/2015/01/06/stride.trace
>
> Call 1118 draws the last object into the g-buffer and you can see the
> faulty resulting image as GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1. When the texture is
> bound later at call 1153, the image is correctly displayed.

Thanks for the trace.

I ran against one unrelated problem when replaying the trace -- a recent
regrssions, which I just fixed [1]

But when I inspect the trace, the texture looks OK on both cases.

Please try updating apitrace to master's tip, rebuild and retry.

If the issue persists it might be tied to the GL driver, or be a bug in the
GL driver itself.

This is where I did my testing (from glxinfo):

  OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
  OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
  OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.3.2
  OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30

Jose

[1]
https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/commit/f28a5be12a45c94ab99b3407bf352443cfc9c5f8