libgnustl_shared.so not built with build type Release

Divick Kishore divick.kishore at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:47:53 PDT 2015

Hi,
    when I set the build type to "Release", the libgnustl_shared.so is
not build in libs/x86 (when building for android). And when I run it
on target, it complains of missing libgnustl_shared.so due to
dependency.

For example when run from a root shell within android, I get the following:

root at android:/ # LD_PRELOAD=/data/egltrace.so /system/bin/ls
soinfo_link_image(linker.cpp:1636): could not load library
"/data/egltrace.so" needed by "/system/bin/ls"; caused by
soinfo_link_image(linker.cpp:1654): could not load library
"libgnustl_shared.so" needed by "egltrace.so"; caused by
load_library(linker.cpp:760): library "libgnustl_shared.so" not
foundCANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

My question is what is libgnustl_shared.so required for and why
doesn't it get build for Android when CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set to
"Release"?

Any help
Thanks,
Divick