No dlopen() (was: Error with dlopen on linux 64 bit)

io.github.apitrace at io7m.com io.github.apitrace at io7m.com
Mon Nov 16 15:06:53 PST 2015

On 2015-11-16T21:10:44 +0000
José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com> wrote:

> I plan to update apitrace to not intercept dlopen -- it causes more
> problems than it solves.
>
> Jose

'Lo.

May I ask what you intend to do instead? I may be unnecessarily
fearful, but I use apitrace to trace JOGL programs (Java programs using
the JOGL bindings). I suspect (but may be entirely wrong) that apitrace
works well there precisely because the JOGL bindings call dlopen() on
libGL.so and apitrace correctly intercepts the call.

I would hate to find that apitrace was updated in a manner that stopped
it working for Java OpenGL programs.