Missing function calls?

Mike Blumenkrantz michael.blumenkrantz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:21:14 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm working on a project using opengl on linux, and I turned to apitrace
for debugging when I encountered a problem.

According to apitrace, it seems that calls to glTexCoordPointer
and glVertexPointer are "not happening"; they do not show up in the trace
dumps anywhere. Using gdb, however, I can verify that both functions are at
least calling into mesa/libGL as expected, even though apitrace is not
catching them.

Is it possible for gl calls to occur and not be picked up by apitrace? I've
tested a similar/reference implementation of what I'm working on and both
of these calls are displayed normally in the traces, so I'm wondering
whether this is an issue in my app or apitrace.

Thanks!