Maintanence and patches

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:03:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

As everybody here might have guessed, I haven't been a responsive
maintainer.  I never had lots of time for Apitrace, but now it's even worse.

I wrote up about this on
https://jrfonseca.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/apitrace-maintenance.html and
added a note to the README on
https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/commit/75c7c00d8a825c16195ca4f8771abf402be65bfd

I don't want let the project stall due to my responsiveness.  That said I
can't afford to let key functionality of apitrace to regress (as there are
a lot of people that depend on it).  But I'll be less picky when merging in
patches/pull-requests: as long as they don't break stuff or make my life
miserable later, I'll try to merge them unmodified as much as possible.
One can always cleanup code later -- but lots of unmerged patches is the
worse outcome.

Jose