[APOC] APOC at FreeDesktop :)

Alberto Ruiz Alberto.Ruiz at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 1 06:23:41 PST 2008

Peter K Anderson wrote:
> Hi Alberto and Dirk

Hello Peter,
> Alberto:
> -------
> First a quick introduction ...not sure whether Cyrille ever mentioned
> anything about me but I'm an ex-SUN guy with a bit of a 'passion' for
> APOC ...I have a feeling that Dirk will remember me ;-)

Good to see that you haven't lose your interest in the project. Any help
to start growing community around APOC is highly appreciated.
Could you join to the apoc mailing list in freedesktop and keep the
discussion going on there, to subscribe you just need to fill the form
in the following link:

Cyrille and myself are usually hanging around on the #apoc channel on
irc.freenode.net as well.
> I still work for SUN on an occasional, contract basis and have been
> actively deploying APOC into the 'wild' as part of Sun Ray solution for
> Health Sector here in Australia  ...BTW, this work is still
> progressing :)

Would be possible to get some information (and photos even!)  of your
Sun Rays and APOC deployment so we can post that on the website? I think
it would be pretty valuable to explain real life scenarios on the site
so people can get a better picture of what kind of problems it solves.
> Guess it's old news now but only just become aware that APOC had made it
> to FreeDesktop and am already taking a look at the code ...I intend to
> be involved in ongoing development so (hopefully) will be submitting
> either bug reports or even some code as time progresses.

If you need any help digging the code, just give us a shout on the
mailing list.
> Dirk/Alberto:
> Just one question (for now) ...is the SUNWapleg code scheduled to be
> made open as well?  I was particularly disappointed not to see the code
> for /opt/SUNWapleg/lib/desktopApps as this is an area that I believe
> needs more work and I was hoping to contribute here first.

I'm afraid there are no plans to opensource that component.
Can you explain what's your particular interest about it?
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Cheers,