[APOC] GSoC 2008

Alberto Ruiz - Sun Microsystems - Dublin Ireland Alberto.Ruiz at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 28 06:40:35 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

we have proposed two GSoC 2008 ideas for this year as an attempt to
bootstrap the community involvement around APOC and to implement a few
interesting things on the framework.

One of them is the Sabayon integration with APOC[0] so you can store
configuration profiles in the APOC format using the GNOME Sabayon tool[1]

The other one is a KConfig (KDE configuration system) adapter for
APOC[2] so we can expand our community beyond the GNOME scope.

We already have a student for the first idea, David Luengo (who will
join soon to the mailing list), however we still miss a student for the
KDE adapter, unfortunately the deadline for submission ends the 31st March.

If anyone knows of a student interested in it, please tell us, we'd love
to see some progress on the KDE front.

Cheers,
Alberto

[0] http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2008/Ideas