[AppStream] Purpose of help URL?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Aug 27 13:28:46 UTC 2016

> In appdata XML files, is the "help" URL type intended to point to
> documentation, or to a place where users can seek support (e.g., a web
> forum, a mailing list, or an IRC channel)?

See https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Metadata.html#tag-url

It should point to online help pages, which are usually online
documentation pages. In case there are multiple ressources, making a
landing page would be useful ("If you seek help, read out
documentation, you can also post to our forums or seek help on our IRC
channel" (with links to the respective pages).

Cheers,
    Matthias