[AppStream] Unifying the AppStream IDs

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 11:51:50 UTC 2016

On 25/07/16 19:43, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Internally, we can of course treat the IDs however we like, and we
> could even have the files specifically state the D-Bus interface names
> they want to own (see <provides/> -> <dbus/>)

I hope you mean well-known bus names, not interface names? The thing
that processes own, mediated by the dbus-daemon or by something like
Flatpak's D-Bus proxy, is a well-known bus name. The object paths that
the process exports, and the interfaces available on those objects, are
purely local to the process (and the peers with which it communicates).

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>