[AppStream] Putting review data into AppStream

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jul 26 15:37:19 UTC 2016

> On 20 July 2016 at 14:12, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
>> As token to
>> communicate with the review server when submitting
>> "helpful/not-helpful" sign for the review?
>
> Exactly that. The "score" is being used to sort them in priority
> order. Actually, thinking about it, perhaps:
>
> <priority>3</priority>
>
> ...makes sense -- we already use that elsewhere in the spec!

Actually, we don't have that... I just looked at the spec, we only
have a priority attribute for <components/> and <component/> tags.
In any case, wouldn't it make more sense to have the server suggest an
ordering by returning the reviews in a specific order, and have the
client decide if it wants to keep the ordering? I would, for example,
likely order the reviews by date and karma.
What exactly do you mean with "score"? The "karma" value in your
previous example?

Cheers,
    Matthias