[AppStream] Extensibility in AppStream

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:02:54 UTC 2016

On 26 July 2016 at 17:57, Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Richard, is there any chance of adjusting how appstream-glib represents
> its metadata API in the XML to fit with that rule?

Sure, I'd support <X-${KEY}>${VALUE}</X-${KEY}> if ximion is happy with that.

> I really don't want to add platform-specific API/ABI that has to be

> Right; but I predict that we're fairly likely to still need them.

I think a spec has to be useful in a real-world environment to be
successful, which is why I've needed <metadata> for basically years.

> * Android-style permissions flags, so that app installers like GNOME

appstream-glib does support some <permission>-type thing for that; it
was added before flatpak and sandboxing existed, so I think it's just
a key-value store with nothing specified.

Richard