[AppStream] Fwd: Developer URLs in AppData

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 11:20:35 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm involved in the GNOME project as a designer, and have done a fair
amount of work on the Software app. I'm writing to ask if it would be
possible to enable specifying a developer website URL with AppData, as
well as a project URL.

There are quite a lot of cases where a developer is responsible for
multiple applications. In these cases, it is likely that there will be
a URL for both the developer and the application, and I think that it
would be good to allow developers to be able to specify both. This
would allow users to get information about the app as well as the
person/organisation that produced it.

This change would also allow developer names (which AppData already
allows to be specified) to be expressed as a link.

Having this field would be welcome for the GNOME apps.

Thanks,

Allan Day