[AppStream] Dashes and underscores in desktop file IDs

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Mon Oct 16 17:17:03 UTC 2017

The unfortunate side of things is that systemd uses an _ as an escape
character for hex-encoding, and this proposal is incompatible with that,
since we lose that ability. I certainly don't want to bikeshed too much,
but I kind of like using _ for hex escapes more. It's uglier, but more
universal.

  Jasper