[AppStream] Appstream ID and Flatpak

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 07:23:29 UTC 2018

Well, the appstream id is not really tied to the dns name in any way
but the hope that all people play ball to avoid unintentional
conflicts. So, even on the year of the linux desktop, anyone can
intentionally be evil and confusing by using someone elses id.

Things are *somewhat* more obvious for flatpak:ed apps, as the
appstream id matches the name which is at least a visible thing to the
user, but in e.g. an rpm your appstream could have whatever appstream
id and nobody would see it.

--
 Alexander Larsson                                Red Hat, Inc
       alexl at redhat.com         alexander.larsson at gmail.com