[AppStream] Dependencies on things in AppStream

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Mon Mar 26 11:03:54 UTC 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 at 21:11:20 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>       <firmware compare="regex" version="BOT03.0[0-1]_*">bootloader</firmware>

That isn't a regex, unless you really mean that the 00-or-01 is followed
by zero or more underscores (or perhaps you really do mean a regex and
your bootloader firmware is just very strange?)

If you're using shell-style wildcard matching with *, ? and [], I think
the usual term of art is a glob pattern or a fnmatch pattern.

    smcv