[Authentication] How to store passwords for URLs...

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Sat Oct 22 08:48:25 PDT 2011

On 10/22/2011 02:46 PM, John Szakmeister wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Stef Walter<stefw at collabora.co.uk>  wrote:
>> We do need to start coming up with these various schemas. At least we
>> have a need for it on the GNOME side... Valentin, do you have a schema
>> worked out on KDE? We have a basic one on GNOME, but it's not something
>> I'd put forth as a shining example :)
> In addition, is there some documentation (or an example) about the
> general flow of the secrets api?
The secrets API documentation on KDE plateform is not yet available. I
think it'll be there by the end of the year.
> Or should I seriously consider just
> using the gnome-keyring and kdewallet apis instead, because it's just
> too early?
Yes, it's too early now for this. Just use KWallet on KDE. I'm currently
porting it to the secrets infrastructure and will deliver it with the
next KDE release.

Valentin

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)