[Authentication] realmd on CentOS

Chris Gray fathed at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:18:35 PST 2014

Has anyone been able to get realmd to work in CentOS 6.5? (or any version
for that matter)

Seems to require a newer glib2 and automake than CentOS ships with.

The basic reason I'm asking is due to people in the SSSD mailing list
telling me I should stop using msktutil and use realmd... which of course
is easier said than done.

I did notice while searching the list for other people asking the same
question, that you guys have an adcli program. I was able to install that
via epel. I could use that to do the joining instead of msktutil, but then
without realmd, how would the machine password be reset before it expires?
It seems that until I can either figure out all the dependencies for realmd
on centos, I'm stuck with msktutil.

Thanks,
Chris