[Authentication] realmd erroneously reports "already joined" if /etc/sssd/sssd.conf is pre-present.

Niklas Andersson niklas.andersson at openforce.se
Thu Nov 19 03:29:48 PST 2015

Hi,

  I just run into an oddity with realmd. It seams that if there already
is a preconfigured /etc/sssd/sssd.conf present, realm will erroneously
report that the client is already joined to a domain.

  The thing is that I want to tweak the sssd.conf for our domain before
sssd is started, and it seems like I can't do that because:

a) If I pre-configure /etc/sssd/sssd.conf, realm won't join.

b) If I don't pre-configure realm automatically generates a default
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf and starts the service right after that.

Is there somehow I can fix this nicely?

Best Regards,
Niklas Andersson