[Authentication] realmd erroneously reports "already joined" if /etc/sssd/sssd.conf is pre-present.

Stef Walter stefw at gnome.org
Thu Nov 19 04:25:04 PST 2015

On 19.11.2015 13:19, Niklas Andersson wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
>  Well, yes. At least the join started when I commented out the #domains
> , but then I got this error during the join:
>
>  ! Failed to enroll machine in realm: Already have domain openforce.org
> in sssd.conf config file.

Lets fix this bug, then your use case will work. Are you interested in
contributing a fix? The code is here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/realmd/realmd/tree/service/realm-sssd-config.c

I think we need to add a boolean 'merge' argument to
realm_sssd_config_add_domain() which when set appends to the domain
section, rather than replacing it.

And we would set that flag here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/realmd/realmd/tree/service/realm-sssd-ad.c#n188

Stef