[avahi] pygtk

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Fri Aug 5 22:26:02 EST 2005

On Fri, 05.08.05 02:41, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> > + Interface wlan0 (IPv4)
> >   + Domain .local
> >     + Service Type _http._tcp
> >       + Miau
> > + Interface wlan0 (IPv6)
> >   + Domain .local
> >     + Service Type _gurki._tcp
> >       + Brrrumm!
> >
> check the last commit, i tryed to do this

Looks fine! Though I think it would make sense to prefix the tree items
with some explaining text, since not every user knows what "local" or
"_http._tcp" means. i.e. like the example above:

 Interface eth0 IPv4
 Domain .local
 Service Type _http._tcp

(for the services themselves this shouldn't be needed, though)

I noticed that you only browse the domains that may be enumerated with
DomainBrowser objects. This does not suffice. On some setups the
".local" domain might not be announced this way. Therefore
avahi-dump-all browses the .local unconditionally in addition to those
enumerated via DomainBrowser.

Anyway, good work!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/