[avahi] pygtk

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Sat Aug 6 00:53:44 EST 2005

On Fri, 05.08.05 16:18, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> > (for the services themselves this shouldn't be needed, though)
> I thought about using info from
> http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html
> do display human readable service name

Nice idea. This pipeline should generate a cleaned up database file
for you:

curl -s http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html |
     tr '\r' '\n' |

AWK rulez.

You could probably extend this command line so that it generates a python
dictionary from the data. Than, make this to a makefile target so that one
can easily update the database later on.

> BTW it was on my todo to make it more stetic and user friendly.

"stetic"?

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/