[avahi] about the scanf like function

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:59:38 PDT 2005

2005/8/22, Ikke <eikke at eikke.com>:
> > Another possiblility is to have a set of functions especially designed
> > to handle TXT record, like:
> > char * avahi_text_record_get_value_from_key(AvahiStringList *l, const
> > char *key); //return value
> >
> > to be coherent we may add avahi_text_text_record_set
> >
> > what do you think?
>
> An iterator would be much better IMHO, as you don't always know the
> provided keys beforehand. Just guessing isn't really nice :-)
i think that both are usefull, because i think the contrary:
most of the time you know the key that you are interested in, and you
also know it's meaning (cf: http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html).
If you didn't know the key beforehand, what could you do with it
except displaying it's value? :)

> Ikke

Sebastien Estienne