[avahi] Bonjour compat

Celso Pinto cpinto at yimports.com
Sun Dec 18 09:03:08 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

someone in the iFolder mailing list posted the following message.
iFolder uses the Bonjour compatibility layer when working with avahi and
I thought that cross-posting his message may help to clear out the
problem:

> This is what I am getting with the latest svn version of simias,
> ifolder
> and bonjour along with avahi-0.6.1:
>
> *** WARNING *** The programme 'mono' uses the Apple Bonjour
> compatiblity
> layer of Avahi.
> *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of
> Avahi!
> *** WARNING *** For more information see
> <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=mono>
> mono: compat.c:520: DNSServiceBrowse: Assertion `domain' failed.
> Error: The Simias process failed to initialize.
>        Use the command line switch --showconsole to view the error.

The relevant part, I think, is DNSServiceBrowse having a domain
assertion. IIRC, iFolder doesn't work in the .local domain hence this
problem, but I can be mistaken.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Cheers,
Celso