[avahi] avahi-daemon with a very long hostname

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Wed Nov 9 08:39:15 PST 2005

On Wed, 09.11.05 13:35, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> hello,
>
> i tested avahi with a very long hostname,
> the hostname is cut at 63,64 chars, but the service group is
> ignored:

Ok. That is not particularly surprising, since a service name may have
the maxium length of 63 characters. And prepending "Remote Terminal
on" to a hostname which already has the length of 63 will surely break
that limit. I guess the current behaviour is OK, then. I will lieave
it as is.

Thanks for testing this!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/