[avahi] Getting avahi up and running

Barney barney.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:51:01 PST 2005

On 11/10/05, Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st> wrote:

> Try using ethernet, your wireless driver may be incorrectly handling
> multicast packets, you could also try putting your wlan device in the
> ALLMULTI or PROMISC modes to see if it works then

I tried Ethernet and it worked strightaway, thanks! I have tried ALLMULTI on
the wireless card but that doesn't help. Its a linksys wpc54g and I'm using
it with ndiswrapper so I don't think it supports PROMISC mode. I'll have a
hunt through the ndiswrapper archives to see if there are known problems
with multicast.

Thanks
Barney