[avahi] path to the dbus socket

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Wed Nov 23 16:09:57 PST 2005

On Wed, 09.11.05 01:25, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> hello,
>
> i noticed that when we use a non standart path for the dbus socket:
> eg: /usr/local/var/run/dbus/ instead of /var/run/dbus/
>
> avahi-browse fail with this error message:
> Failed to create client object: An unexpected DBUS error occured
>
> i guess it's related to libavahi-client, but i think we should try to
> error on a more verbose message explaining that the socket wasn't
> found or something.
>
> dunno what is possible?

r1026 includes some work to map DBUS specific errors to their Avahi
counterparts. An absent DBUS daemon will now result in an
AVAHI_ERR_NO_DAEMON error which is mapped to the human readable
string "Daemon not running".

DBUS itself spits out the error "File not found" in that case, so I
guess this is a real improvement.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/