[avahi] Fedora support

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Sat Oct 22 14:42:47 PDT 2005

On Sat, 22.10.05 10:33, Trent Lloyd (lathiat at bur.st) wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for that, looks good
>

> Just one thing
>
> +# Check that networking is configured.
> +[ ${NETWORKING} = "no" ] && exit 0
>
> Does that mean, is networing setup yet? avahi will run happily if the
> interfaces aren't setup, or whatever, and adjust to if they are setup
> later, so if thats the meaning this isn't really needed, but if it has
> some other meaning could you explain it?

I guess that setting means: "this machine should never connect to any
network and never start any networking related services". So it makes
sense to check for it in the init script, I guess.

But I am actually no Fedora guy, I never used Fedora at all. Just my
educated guess.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/